Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
My 3rd gen. iPad arrived today, three days before Apple said it would get here, and I've got to get a case pronto. Like many around here, I've searched the iPad Accessories forum, read reviews elsewhere online, and looked at many on Amazon. I'm 40 minutes away from a decent-sized town, so I need to shop online.

The Evio VersaBook seems to be a fairly new offering, and I haven't found out much about it, but it looks nicely made and will protect the tablet. I realize it's not as sleek as others, but I don't mind erring on the side of protection.

Any thoughts about it? If you have one, please give pros and cons. Thanks.

main_poster8.jpg

VersaBook_white_03.jpg
VersaBook_white_06.jpg

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Looks very nice - I like the colors
don't like the ipad holder - covers the bezel
like the versatility and how many ways it can be tilted..
it will be bulky to carry...
great price....

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
Do you suspect that the Maroo is any thicker and bulkier than the Evio? I agree about the corners.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Do you suspect that the Maroo is any thicker and bulkier than the Evio? I agree about the corners.

yes because the maroo is padded and loose "leather" and the evio is a hard stretched covering - at least that the way it looks. Here's my maroo - you can see the padding:
087ab544.jpg

91179831.jpg

790f4890.jpg

46cac0c9.jpg

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
Thanks, Glen, for sharing the photos. That looks like quite a nice case, especially for the money. One doesn't have to be svelte for me. I'm a little strange about cases, perhaps, but I prefer them a little thicker than, say, the Devicewear Ridge. I do like the bumper system on the Maroo.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Thanks, Glen, for sharing the photos. That looks like quite a nice case, especially for the money. One doesn't have to be svelte for me. I'm a little strange about cases, perhaps, but I prefer them a little thicker than, say, the Devicewear Ridge. I do like the bumper system on the Maroo.

Bulk is very subjective to your situation....I do 2 -3 flights a week most of the time so I'm cognizant of it. But if I did not do that, the Maroo would be a great case. It is top notch quality .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.