Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Office 2011 for mac was a disaster. The new Office, particularly Excel, however is really nice — MS has been quietly making it more and more like the Windows version. Some power features are still missing, but it seems MS is really working on including them. For example, there is now a proper VBA IDE unlike the castrated version a couple of years ago.

iop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Reactions: AleRod

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Didn't know that Apple added VBA. I noticed the Automator workflows are no longer available with Office 2016. Excel needs to add multiple sheets on a page as a next major feature.

I prefer how Numbers does multiple sheets on a page. I remember before Spreadsheet Tabs in Excel, a competitor (Quattro Pro or maybe Lotus 123) added tabs and later Microsoft added it to Excel. I am surprised the multiple sheets on a page was never added with Excel. Numbers autosave feature works great, I don't have to worry about incremental saves and I get versioning on top of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.