Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josesemi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2018
Hi there.

As you may know, Excel on Mac is very different from Excel on Windows. The issue is not just that it has different interfaces between the two OS. I'm talking about functionalities. I can't do things, sometimes it looks like are two different programmes, shortcuts are different, etc, etc.
I have an updated official version of Excel for Mac and I can't understand why it's so difficult to use macros and VBA. I hate that!

Anyway, I'm planning to boot camp, install Windows 10, and use Excel with the Windows 10 O.S. on my Mac Pro early 2015.

Is there any difference between, using the Excel on Windows 10 (boot camp) on a Mac and using a Excel on W10 on a Dell / HP / etc, etc?? (shortcuts, interface, keyboard use, etc, etc..). I do not want to buy a W10 version for nothing...

Many thanks in advance.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Is there any difference between, using the Excel on Windows 10 (boot camp) on a Mac and using a Excel on W10 on a Dell / HP / etc, etc?? (shortcuts, interface, keyboard use, etc, etc..). I do not want to buy a W10 version for nothing...

No difference. When you use Boot Camp and install Windows 10, and boot to Windows, you now have in effect a Windows machine running Windows 10. If you subscribe to O365, you can download the Windows version of Office 2016 with your MS account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.