Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Basically I got $1000 in iTunes cards from my grandparents for my wedding. I suspect they intended for us to get the iPads we registered for but accidentally bought the wrong cards. At least that's what I hope happened since I can't possibly buy that much in apps, music, or movies.

I know it says on the back of the card they can't be exchanged, but is there any way to do it?! I saw a thread on Reddit that says you can call Apple and escalate to tier 2, but I wonder if that actually works. And none of the gift card exchange sites seem to accept iTunes cards. Help!

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I would try 'pleading' nicely to Apple and explaining the intention of the cards was for hardware but it was miscommunicated to or understood by Apple. No one would by $1000 iTunes gift cards for one couple. May not work but the worst Apple can say is no.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Finally went to our local Apple Store about a week and a half ago. While they couldn't do the exchange in store, they helped us email iTunes Support. After providing some information and a bit of a wait, they emailed us two Apple Store codes that we were able to use to buy 5th gen iPads!

So if you ask and provide information they can validate, there's a good chance they will follow through. Hope this will help others in the future!

Reactions: Cigsm

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Finally went to our local Apple Store about a week and a half ago. While they couldn't do the exchange in store, they helped us email iTunes Support. After providing some information and a bit of a wait, they emailed us two Apple Store codes that we were able to use to buy 5th gen iPads!

So if you ask and provide information they can validate, there's a good chance they will follow through. Hope this will help others in the future!

Good to read another story of Apple going the extra mile to delight people.

Reactions: Cigsm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.