Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigdaddymac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
New York
I have a hosted Enterprise Exchange account. Was working great before update. Now not so much. Anyone getting this to work correctly? Did you have to change any settings?

Sphyrna

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
Works for me

I have exchange up and running on my 3G. It was very easy to set up. Have had no problems with push emails coming through. I added a contact on my iPhone and checked in Web Access and the new contact was there.

poisonapple

macrumors member
May 7, 2008
Silicon Valley
Yes, exchange working for me too. This is with 1st gen iPhone on 2.0. I didn't even bother with exchange prior to upgrading "early" yesterday after finding a link to the 2.0 software before it was released. I set it up to point to the OWA address for the mail server and everything is working fine, calendar, contacts and of course mail. I would note that I had to set up the username like this:

domain\username

Other than that, nothing wonky. It just works.

mshoo1

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
Exchange ActiveSync is working perfectly on my new 3G iPhone. I can also confirm that you do not need an enterprise data plan to use the Exchange functionality.

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
My push notifications were going great earlier today, but now they don't seem to be coming in in a timely fashion... maybe something is up with the exchange server at work..

Cuprous

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
My calendar syncs but email does not. Mail is stuck at the pinwheel "checking for mail". Not sure what is wrong

pdxchick

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Same thing - pinwheel doesn't stop

Hi everyone,
I had great success with Exchange right away - all the contacts, email, and calendar items came through to my iPhone, push was working (faster than Outlook messages), and I was able to add and update both directions.

Now - it keeps saying checking for new mail and it hasn't updated messages on my iPhone since 6:12pm. I have powered down and restarted the iPhone, but it seems to be stuck. I have verified my hosted exchange provider is up and running.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.

poisonapple

macrumors member
May 7, 2008
Silicon Valley
Hi everyone,
I had great success with Exchange right away - all the contacts, email, and calendar items came through to my iPhone, push was working (faster than Outlook messages), and I was able to add and update both directions.

Now - it keeps saying checking for new mail and it hasn't updated messages on my iPhone since 6:12pm. I have powered down and restarted the iPhone, but it seems to be stuck. I have verified my hosted exchange provider is up and running.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Just a thought, but have you actually received any mail since 6:12pm. Mine is still rocking along, no hiccups.

Martinjeff

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
kind of working - exchange and activesync issues

I am having the same problem with my 3g iphone when using exchange with intermedia. I can not receive or view my email or see my calendar. We have a few other company iPhones working and one (mine) that does not want to work.

Works:
My Contacts
Sending Emails
Viewing my email file structure
Viewing emails in my trash

Does not work:
Seeing emails in my email folders
Calendar is not showing meetings

Jeff Martin
Collective Genius

Collective Genius
The Business Analysis Center of Excellence
Solely Focused in Business Analysis
http://www.collective-genius.com

BA Collective
The Local Online Community of Business Analysts
http://www.bacollective.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.