Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GradyG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Hey! I’m wondering if when you purchase your S4, you can exchange the band it came with? Can you do this now and with the S3? They did this with the original if bought from Apple. If you’ve seen the the unboxings, the new S4 packing is very interesting! The watch and band are in their own boxes wrapped together. This furthers my curiosity if you could exchange the band unopened at the store.

MactoDeath67

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2018
Hey! I’m wondering if when you purchase your S4, you can exchange the band it came with? Can you do this now and with the S3? They did this with the original if bought from Apple. If you’ve seen the the unboxings, the new S4 packing is very interesting! The watch and band are in their own boxes wrapped together. This furthers my curiosity if you could exchange the band unopened at the store.

Those were simpler times, when they made appointments with you to help you buy your watch and try on different styles and be personally attended to. No more. The Watch has caught on and is no longer something they come to you for. Now you come to them. Now we all come to them.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is totally my speculation: since the Apple Watch bands are technically packaged separately from the watch now, I’m hoping Apple will allow easy exchanges in store since it’ll be like swapping one fully packaged band for the other. I’m going for a gold aluminum watch and I’m not a fan of any of the bands it comes packaged with, so we’ll see haha

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London

In the U.K. when you go to return an Apple Watch via the online portal it gave me the option of speaking to Apple Support to change the band, rather than return the whole thing. This was when I got my Series 3. I posted a screenshot at the time, but don’t have it to hand unfortunately.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Its not a great setup. Aluminium gold apple watches are clearly geared towards women with the pink bands. Because of this if a guy wants a gold model he will have to order a band that isn't pink separately. I am sure a guy would generally prefer something like a black sports loop to the pink one thats included.

Gold watches are not just for women, and as far as the aluminium models go, the gold IMO looks nicer than the silver.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

if you bring your watchband into the store, assuming it’s the sport band of some variant, Apple *might* make a one-time exception, but it’s not something they regularly do anymore, that they use to promote back with the first GEN watch.

Reactions: GradyG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.