Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jasonkruys

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2014
Hi guys, I have spent numerous hours searching the site, and the general web and have not found a definitive answer to my question. The issue I have is that functionality has changed so much over different versions, trying to find information for the latest version, rather than an obscure workaround for a previous version is difficult!

Anyway, hopefully an easy one for you experts!

If I connect both my MacBook with Outlook for Mac 2011, and my IPhone 5 to a Microsoft exchange email account in the cloud, what will sync between the two?

I assume that mail will work as expected, as will calendar, updating on both systems. What about notes and tasks created on Outlook for Mac - will they sync with the iPhone? It is these I am particularly interested in!

Thanks,

Jason.

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
After you configure exchange in the iPhone you will get a screen where you can pick what do you want to sync to the iPhone.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
After you configure exchange in the iPhone you will get a screen where you can pick what do you want to sync to the iPhone.

Above. You can choose to sync the Calendar, Mail, Notes, Contacts with iPhone. Calendar, Mail, and contacts will sync with your exchange server for contacts.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
If I connect both my MacBook with Outlook for Mac 2011, and my IPhone 5 to a Microsoft exchange email account in the cloud, what will sync between the two?
It's really sync among the 3. IIRC Notes sync requires Exchange 2010.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.