Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
I'm having an issue with my 15 PM where the right side of the screen has a reddish tint. It's very noticeable to me at night and in low brightnesses. I took it to the Apple Store and of course it wasn't super noticeable there in that extremely lit space. I can still do an exchange, but Apple store employees said that might be difficult with EIP (equipment installment plan). So I'm wondering if anyone on here has done an exchange on EIP, and what that process was like. My other question is if anyone knows how the Apple Store app is listing stock, because I see new inventory going up at random times throughout the day, mainly of 15 Pros but every so often a 15 Pro Max with 512GB or 1TB of storage. I haven't seen any 256GB PMs. I even set my Action Button to a shortcut to check inventory but that hasn't been helpful since I need to make 5 taps after entering the Apple Store app with that shortcut.

Last edited:

rwmson

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2010
perhaps this?
Economic Impact Payment Card (EIP Card) contains the money you are receiving under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, COVID-related Tax Relief Act of 2020 or the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Daheck is EIP?
perhaps this?
Economic Impact Payment Card (EIP Card) contains the money you are receiving under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, COVID-related Tax Relief Act of 2020 or the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
If OP is with T-Mobile it's highly likely they mean Equipment Installment Plan. If that is the case, then OP should know that yes this is entirely possible. Just get the new device and report the new IMEI to T-Mobile so they can update the installment agreement.

I'm guessing too, OP didn't clarify.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
If OP is with T-Mobile it's highly likely they mean Equipment Installment Plan. If that is the case, then OP should know that yes this is entirely possible. Just get the new device and report the new IMEI to T-Mobile so they can update the installment agreement.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ yeah need more info OP

rwmson

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2010
yep, I was just using Google.
My worst iPhone ups story was one of the first Max's. UPS said it was delivered to my apartment, but never was. After calling UPS and them checking with the driver he delivered to my local Apple Store. Called the store and after going round and round that they don't do that, they found my phone and when I went in never even asked me for my ID just brought out my box. Had to double check the SN's on my order to confirm I got the right one.

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
C
I'm having an issue with my 15 PM where the right side of the screen has a reddish tint. It's very noticeable to me at night and in low brightnesses. I took it to the Apple Store and of course it wasn't super noticeable there in that extremely lit space. I can still do an exchange, but Apple store employees said that might be difficult with EIP. So I'm wondering if anyone on here has done an exchange on EIP, and what that process was like. My other question is if anyone knows how the Apple Store app is listing stock, because I see new inventory going up at random times throughout the day, mainly of 15 Pros but every so often a 15 Pro Max with 512GB or 1TB of storage. I haven't seen any 256GB PMs. I even set my Action Button to a shortcut to check inventory but that hasn't been helpful since I need to make 5 taps after entering the Apple Store app with that shortcut.
Contact T-Mobile to get a replacement. You may need to redo the contract. Wish the best 😊

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
C

Contact T-Mobile to get a replacement. You may need to redo the contract. Wish the best 😊
You don't need to redo the contract. All you have to do is report the new IMEI to them. Life won't end if you do not, but if you want to get the device unlocked after it's paid off then you will run into problems.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
You don't need to redo the contract. All you have to do is report the new IMEI to them. Life won't end if you do not, but if you want to get the device unlocked after it's paid off then you will run into problems.
How would I do that at the Apple Store? Do I tell them I’m returning the old phone or exchanging it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.