Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

datapartition

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2024
I got ahold of an old macbook pro, and decided to dual boot osx Catalina and Debian mate... So far so good, except that spotlight didn't want to search the exfat partition I had created to share data between both OS's.

I deleted and rebuilt the spotlight index, and thought I had a win, because I could then search using spotlight and find files in the data partition. But this appears to be temperamental sometimes working and sometimes not.

And also, the indexing indicator is still endlessly scanning the exfat partition.

So... I'm looking for either a solution to enables spotlight to work on exfat partitions....

Or a different way to have a shared data partition for osx and Linux both to access.

And yes, I'd rather not pay for a commercial paragon ntfs license. I paid for one a few years ago, and they went and pulled the "need a new license for a new osx version" trick, and I don't want to build a system around planned obsolescence.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.