Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
I've had exile for a while now, and it's OK. But I deleted it in a HD purge, and can't install it now. I've got the CDs and all, but the installer isn't supported on Intel. Does anyone have the program itself that could be emailed? I've got the files, CD's everything, but can't install the application part. Maybe there's another way, though?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
How did you get it to install in the first place, The installer should work, even if it is not native code Rosseta should allow it to work.

naja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
I think I transfered it on an external HD from an older computer. I can't install it because the installer is a classic app, which doesn't open with rosetta. I think it was made by Vice, though. Could I convert it to a Vice for 10.x installer?

naja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
If there is a way to convert the installer, it's beyond me. I can't find one. Does anyone have a converted version?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I don't know a lot about that particular game, but does the company that made it have a patch for it to run on OS X? It seems weird that the installer would be a classic program but the game not be.

naja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Done

Ok, I got it. Installed it on my external drive on an OLD imac, then did the patch/update.

hauntedcity

macrumors member
May 4, 2007
Ok, I got it. Installed it on my external drive on an OLD imac, then did the patch/update.

Does it work fine on your Intel Mac? I tried installing the DVD version recently, and the video is smooth, but the sound keeps skipping. I'm about to give up on playing in OS X. Since it's an old game, perhaps it will run okay through Parallels 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.