Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silverback66

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
CO
I have a 20" imac G5 that I'm been using as is with the the bluetooth keybard and mouse for the past year. I've recently been wanting to do more and do it better with my system and so I've made two purchases off of amazon.com that I'm hoping will help me out with that. I picked up the sounsticks II for 80.00 (93.00 I think after shipping) and the Logitech MX 1000 for 50.00.

Everyone seems to speak pretty highly of these two things and I guess I'm just nervous because as a college student I don't have a ton of loose cash laying around and I'm really hoping these will perform to my expectations. I'm a filmmaker and so I regularly use final Cut Pro. I'm hoping the speakers will help me to make better sound mixes that are of a higher quality and will stand up when I put them on a true surround sound system. also I want some good speakers for itunes....I never was before, but thanks to the itunes store, I'm in love with music. As for the mouse, it just sounded so much cooler than the single button bluetooth I'm using now and amazon had a good price. I'll be using that for Poser. I do storyboards and animatics with it and I was also hoping to start learning Maya or some other 3d program.

Anyway, anyone care to reaffirm these purchases? I've read all of the positive testimonies on the other threads, but I just have to hear it again for my own peace of mind....

silverback66

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
CO
for cutting movies will the sound of the speakers be better than the ipod headphones (whihc is what I currently use)?

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2005
silverback66 said:
for cutting movies will the sound of the speakers be better than the ipod headphones (whihc is what I currently use)?

Unless you would like to invest in high quality monitors (yamaha). For the things you'll do they should work fine.

silverback66

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
CO
Okay good. I really want the sound to fill the room since sometimes when I edit I'll have other people watching over my shoulder and it's great to be able to show them what's actually happening without having to swap headphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.