Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xantufrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2023
Hi all, I've got a thread on this on 68kmla as well, but hoping someone can help.

I have a Mac SE with a piscsi setup. The piscsi is emulating a scsi hdd for the Mac and a network card.

Both of those functions work great - I can browse the web (ish. Thanks frogfind!) and store vast swathes of data on the "hdd"

What I can't figure out is how to communicate with a shared drive on the raspberry pi from the Mac using AppleTalk. The purpose is the piscsi can essentially download files "directly" to be accessed by the Mac (instead of messing around with other options to get stuff on and off the old device).

I used the piscsi easyinstall.sh to set up net talk and appletalk support and share drive on the piscsi side. On the Mac, I've tried using EtherTalk Alternative or LocalTalk Built In on the network control panel - but either way, the Chooser doesn't display anything to connect to in the AppleTalk menu.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this? Here's an image of the Mac connected to the Pi over telnet and showing (I think) that appletalk is set up on the Pi

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230817_180251.jpg
    20230817_180251.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 88

xantufrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2023
Solved!
Please see this long thread on 68k where I got it all chased down:

20230820_174258.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.