Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
I bought a set of Beats Studio Wireless. And, from the moment I tried them I was shocked the sound is lagged around 1-3 seconds behind what is happening on the screen. I talked to Beats support, they claimed this is normal and that the headset it working fine and this is completely normal. I mean, seriously, is this standard Bluetooth wireless quality from Beats, that they can ONLY be used for music, anything else will be out-of-sync ?

I started asking friends with other headsets, even some has cheap Bluetooth headset, and all of them said they have no problems with bluetooth and syncing.

For me the same problem occurs on the ipad and on the iMac. So, its obviously the headphones that isnt holding up. Beats only has phone support, and they obviously seem to think this is completely normal. But when I buy a wireless headset for 300 usd I expect them to be able to work wirelessly. Now Ive been using these for 1 month with cable, so what I end up getting is less battery time ( a 12 hour battery life for a CABLED headset). First off, stay away from BEATS , its obviously not a quality product. Second, is there anyone on these forums that has the new Studio wireless headset which does not experience this?

I bought these from Apple, and apple now owns Beats, can I complain to apple? I would like them to take this piece of plastic crap back so I can buy some proper headphones.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I don't think you can complain to Apple as although the brand is now owned by them it's still sold as a separate brand and company and not an Apple specific branded product. You'll probably have to contact Beats directly or the retailer where you bought them from.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
I don't think you can complain to Apple as although the brand is now owned by them it's still sold as a separate brand and company and not an Apple specific branded product. You'll probably have to contact Beats directly or the retailer where you bought them from.

I bought them directly from apple. Also now, APple do sell them with a custom button as well, so I think they should take responsibility for what they bought. But anyway, would love to hear what is peoples experiences with this model. Is there someone who own the Wireless studio and can actually use them for anything else and listen to music wirelessly?

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
i have a pair of SOL Republic Tracks Air bluetooth headphones and have absolutely no lag at all. Sounds like a problem with your Beats Wireless set.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
I use a pair of modified Bose QuietComfort 25, which, with Bluetooth modded on, is very close to the studio wireless in both price and features (BT+noise cancellation). I have no lag at all, and have frequently watched video with them from my iPad.

K1ngLeonidas

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2014
I have the powerbeats2 and have the same issue. Kind of sucks doing cardio at the gym and watching YouTube videos. The a/v sync is really bad

boast

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2007
Phoenix, USA
I don't hook them up to my iPad, but I just tried and have no delays when connected to my iMac and playing a movie.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
No issues with my Bose wireless. Those headphones should not have lag when watching a video. Return them.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
The real question is, why did you wait past a month.
If the lag really bothered you at first, take them back.
At least demo another pair at the Apple Store see if it behaves the same.

I don't blame Beats, most top headset mfgs give you 30 days to test the cans.
Unless this issue happened on day 31, not seeing a problem.

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
My Sony BT phones (three different models) are all flawless in this type of use on both iPad and iPhone.

K1ngLeonidas

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2014
So anyone having with the a/v sync isssues, updating the firmware will fix the issue. Just go to the beats website and there is a download for firmware

I've updated about a month ago and have no issues

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
So anyone having with the a/v sync isssues, updating the firmware will fix the issue. Just go to the beats website and there is a download for firmware

I've updated about a month ago and have no issues

great news .... thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.