Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheLove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Hello, i was wonder if i can move my Expired MobileMe account to iCloud, i didn’t pay for that, it was just free test, and i tried to move it from MobileMe since its released today, i didn’t success with that because i cannot renew my MobileMe now, your mobileme subscription has ended and can't be renewed
Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

then thats what happen to MobileMe Chat Support,

Advisor [11:56 a.m.]:
Hello, my name is .... Welcome to MobileMe chat support. Please give me a moment to look over your information.
Advisor [11:56 a.m.]:
Hi there ...! Thank you for contacting MobileMe chat support. While I'm reading your pre-chat survey, have you contacted MobileMe chat support about this issue previously?

Customer [11:57 a.m.]:
Hi, i want to move form MobileMe to iCloud

Advisor [11:57 a.m.]:
To verify, you would like to move your expired account, correct?

i got ...@me.com 2 years ago for free test, and i didn’t pay for renew

yes

Advisor [11:58 a.m.]:
I know how much you wish to setup the iCloud.
Advisor [11:59 a.m.]:
The necessary updates needed on your devices to setup the account haven't been released yet.

Customer [11:59 a.m.]:
so i can setup in iOS 5?

Customer [12:00 p.m.]:
and use my expired @me.com

Advisor [12:00 p.m.]:
Yes, you'll need to setup the account as an iCloud account after you have the update.

Thanks Alysia , i’m happy now :D

Advisor [12:00 p.m.]:
You're welcome.

Bye

Advisor [12:01 p.m.]:
Do you have any other MobileMe related questions before leaving?

Customer [12:01 p.m.]:
no thanks, i just want take permission to post this in blog/forum can I?

Advisor [12:02 p.m.]:
The information will be available on apple.com/icloud.

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005
I've just been told the same thing by MobileMe support so presumably it's correct, but I'm surprised that this is the case considering expired MobileMe accounts can still be used as AppleIDs. What if that MobileMe account had hundreds of iTunes downloads associated with it and someone else just goes along and grabs it?

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
I've just been told the same thing by MobileMe support so presumably it's correct, but I'm surprised that this is the case considering expired MobileMe accounts can still be used as AppleIDs. What if that MobileMe account had hundreds of iTunes downloads associated with it and someone else just goes along and grabs it?

They won't be able to grab it, as it will already be taken by you. Even though it has expired it is still reserved to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.