Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slowdownyourday

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2022
Hello all! I have a short (25 second) piece of music that I'm planning on using with a video piece. Currently this piece is playing on Cycle Mode in GarageBand, so it just loops over and over. Is there a way to export it so that it does just that? Or, what do I need to do once its exported to turn it back into that. I'm a complete NEWB, so excuse my ignorance!

Take Care,
Paul

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
You can export it as WAV or MP3, but getting the resulting file to play in a loop is going to depend what software you open that file in, not the file itself.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
You just need to repeat the section for as long as you need for your video. The procedure depends on the platform in which you are working.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Surely it's just going to be a case copy-pasting multiple instances of the audio into whatever software you're using to create the video. I'm probably not fully grasping the complexity of what you're trying to achieve. Because that's how i'd do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.