Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

punter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Australia
Okay so I haven't got panther yet, have sympathy for me.

What I'd like to know is how to activate exposé.

I have a laptop and I was wondering if I'll have to use the (tiny little) F9 key to activate exposé, or can I make it function+shift or some other key combination?

Failing that I'll have to get a multi button mouse. Maybe one with the buttons on either side for the two styles of exposé.

Moving the mouse to a hot corner is too many strokes on a touch pad :(

jamesatzones

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2003
Seattle
You can customize Exposé to your liking. Exposé is worth the cost of upgrading alone, but then add in everything else and you really do get what you pay for. Panther ROCKS!

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Check out this screen grab. You have a lot of options for the keys. It's showing command+shift+function keys here because of the screengrab command, but you can see that you can map any modifier key (shift, command, option, etc.) to a function key, or any of the other options it shows.

Attachments

• expose.png
    expose.png
    85 KB · Views: 385

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Originally posted by punter
thanks for the link, but the page doesn't let me know if the activation keys can be changed (as far as I can see)

Your name flowbee, is that the hair cutting tool or the kitesurfing bar?

Oops, sorry. I misread your question. Thought you were asking something else. Anyway... looks like it's been answered now.

BTW: It's not a haircutting tool... it's a way of life! :p

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Originally posted by jamesatzones
You can customize Exposé to your liking. Exposé is worth the cost of upgrading alone, but then add in everything else and you really do get what you pay for. Panther ROCKS!

Played with it at my local Apple Store, and yes... it does indeed rock. Heavily customizable. I know you don't have an Apple Store Down Under (yet), but if you do have a CompUSA-type-place or local retailer, play with it for awhile there. Well worth the upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.