Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
let me start by saying that I just got my first mac ever (a new imac) last week.

last night I spend close to an hour just opening tons of different sized windows and using expose.

is this normal or is this the first sign of a mac addiction problem?

or both? :)

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
m-dogg said:
let me start by saying that I just got my first mac ever (a new imac) last week.

last night I spend close to an hour just opening tons of different sized windows and using expose.

is this normal or is this the first sign of a mac addiction problem?

or both? :)

First just wanna say CONGRATS on your first Mac :)

Now back to you question: Who's to say being addicted to a Mac isn't normal :p (yea I don't if that even makes sense, lol) But yes I love Eposé as well. Very handy feature.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
For a new Mac owner, it's nothing to worry about. It's not completely normal, but you shouldn't worry about playing with your new iMac.

However, if this continues on, it may not be healthy for you nor your iMac. If you find yourself staying home from work next week just to play with your iMac and Expose, then you've got problems. In that case, I recommend going to AA (if you're in the US) to try to let go, and just use it as a computer. Cold turkey is definitely not the answer, especially with your Mac. Instead, just ease up on the use, and use those functions like Expose when you need them.

Which should just be about every day of your life. ;) :D
-Chase

PickledSquirrel

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
Aarhus, DK
Hehe when I first started running Panther, I went "Whoosh" under my breath everytime i minimized a window. Then I discovered exposé. And then quicksilver. m-dogg, I believe you'll feel right at home here in MR :D

-Squirrel

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
Well with my slight background in psychology, If you are spending an hour playing with Expose that would probably be interfearing with your day or schedule thus you have a problem. :)

OCD?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.