Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottyd1119

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
My ex's computer shows up occasionally in the shared section of the finder window. I've tried going in to her computer the remove connections but can't seem to make it disappear. It only shows up on my mini and not my macbook. Any ideas on how to make it go away?

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
My ex's computer shows up occasionally in the shared section of the finder window. I've tried going in to her computer the remove connections but can't seem to make it disappear. It only shows up on my mini and not my macbook. Any ideas on how to make it go away?

Turn off file sharing on your ex's computer in System Preferences. You also have to be on the same network.

scottyd1119

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
We are on different networks 1000 miles away. Things didn't exactly end amicably and was wondering if there was anything else I could do. I believe I turned off file sharing already.

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
Did you turn off iCloud's Back to My Mac? Or logged out of iCloud on your ex computer?

scottyd1119

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Yes I tried all that and it didn't help. I finally just bit the bullet and contacted her and she did something and its gone now.

Gary Dee

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2015
We are on different networks 1000 miles away. Things didn't exactly end amicably and was wondering if there was anything else I could do. I believe I turned off file sharing already.
Do you have "Back to My Mac" settings turned on, on either computer? This tells the computer "no matter where I am located, make it appear as though I am on the same network as the other computer."

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Do you have "Back to My Mac" settings turned on, on either computer? This tells the computer "no matter where I am located, make it appear as though I am on the same network as the other computer."
The poster of this problem has very likely solved it by now, 2 years later.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Mike5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.