Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
I'm guessing a PS3 without an optical drive do to failure.

That's right. I do not even know if the optical drive works or not. I bought one listed as broken for the single purpose of folding (and maybe the dual purpose of putting linux on to play around).

I got it tonight, set up just now was super easy. I think it is awesome of Sony to make this so accessible!

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Shouldn't impact you too much.

I am enjoying moving up slowly through the ranks. I was getting obsessed a couple of weeks ago, checking like every hour to see my stats!

I do it only a couple of times a day now. :p

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
i'm out for last night and today. got a replacement 1Tb HDD from Seagate. Popped in my Ghost disc cloned the whole thing. booted and it wont get to the grub bootloader.... so hopefully i can reinstall ubuntu and efi_v8 to get the drive they sent me back up. ran out of time at like 12AM last night boooo

good news is i may have a new source of LOTS of new computers. more details later :D

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Original poster
Shouldn't impact you too much.

I am enjoying moving up slowly through the ranks. I was getting obsessed a couple of weeks ago, checking like every hour to see my stats!

I do it only a couple of times a day now. :p

Well, it dropped me from an 1800/day point average to 900/day.

That's about to be corrected though. I got my replacement PS3 a couple days ago and am back to full speed as of today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.