Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

southbark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
I have a 750gb seagte hard drive in a usb 2.0 external enclosure and it will not mount at all it will show up in the disk utility and it will not let me repair or even verify it.
Also i hooked it up to a windows pc and it mounts right and i can copy and move things around.This drive has all my tv shows movies and music 600+Gbs worth and i really want to save it so any help would be apprecieated.I cannot access it at all with my 2.33 mac book pro and it is very frustrsting.The only access to a pc i have is at the library thats where i tested the drive.So if you can help or in or around sacramento and can fix it i would be willing to drop it off to save my files

CashGap

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
Music City, USA
I have a 750gb seagte hard drive in a usb 2.0 external enclosure and it will not mount at all it will show up in the disk utility and it will not let me repair or even verify it.
Also i hooked it up to a windows pc and it mounts right and i can copy and move things around.This drive has all my tv shows movies and music 600+Gbs worth and i really want to save it so any help would be apprecieated.I cannot access it at all with my 2.33 mac book pro and it is very frustrsting.The only access to a pc i have is at the library thats where i tested the drive.So if you can help or in or around sacramento and can fix it i would be willing to drop it off to save my files

Just some questions:

1. Has it EVER mounted successfully to your Mac? To any Mac?
2. What filesystem does it have?
3. Can that same USB port on the Mac mount another 2.0 drive, even a thumb drive?

southbark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Just some questions:

1. Has it EVER mounted successfully to your Mac? To any Mac?
2. What filesystem does it have?
3. Can that same USB port on the Mac mount another 2.0 drive, even a thumb drive?

1.Yes i have used it successfully for months
2.fat 32
3. yes it can

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.