Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sheldonsmith

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Looking to take advantage of external monitor support with iOS 16.2 and the new M2 12.9 iPad Pro.

I’d like to have the second monitor powered by USB C.

What brands / features should I use to filter down the selections?

Insights appreciated,

~ Sheldon

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
You'll have to look for USB-C capable monitors... its not necessary about brands.

But obviously, cannot go wrong with Apple Studio Display or LG UltraFine 5K... I think those two monitors bring out the best resolutions. As far as I know, scaling is better since it unlocks "More Space" option... I have a Samsung 4K monitor and it doesn't give me that option.

In addition to my 4K monitor, I have a portable monitor... but it's only 1080p, it's USB-C capable as well.

Reactions: Sheldonsmith

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Looking to take advantage of external monitor support with iOS 16.2 and the new M2 12.9 iPad Pro.

I’d like to have the second monitor powered by USB C.

Insights appreciated,

~ Sheldon
What size are you looking for? Any specific features?

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I am looking for a monitor that mirrors the image quality of the iPad Pro that is around 13” (similar to the size of the iPad…
Yeah, that’s going to be a tough find. Because to mirror the image quality of an iPad Pro… you’ll need an XDR Display at that size.

And that could potentially be a 5k 13” monitor for which don’t exist on the market (I could be wrong). There’s a few 4k 15” monitors out there… I have one myself, but I use it for my PC. And the portable monitor that I have it‘s mostly used for Samsung DeX.

Reactions: Sheldonsmith

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I am looking for a monitor that mirrors the image quality of the iPad Pro that is around 13” (similar to the size of the iPad…
Tall order for sure. I have a 15” USB-C external display but it’s just 1920x1080, nowhere near the resolution or image quality of the iPad. But it does give me additional real estate, on the iPad or my Mac mini or MacBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.