Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomnunn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2016
Does anyone have any recommendations for an External Monitor, which will work smoothly with my MBP (Late 2011). After doing a bit of research I found that some of the UHD monitors may not work with my MBP 2011 model ideally, a UHD monitor would be preferred as I would be looking to upgrade my MBP within the next year or two.

Thank you in advance for any of your recommendations.

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
Does anyone have any recommendations for an External Monitor, which will work smoothly with my MBP (Late 2011). After doing a bit of research I found that some of the UHD monitors may not work with my MBP 2011 model ideally, a UHD monitor would be preferred as I would be looking to upgrade my MBP within the next year or two.

Thank you in advance for any of your recommendations.
I assume by UHD you are talking about 4K. Please note that your MacBook will only be able to output up to 2560x1600, so you won't be able to use 4K. Any new Mac will support 4K, so if you're thinking about upgrading, it will be complatible.

I am also looking for a monitor for my 2011 Mac mini, but I'm not sure if I'm going to upgrade it anytime soon. 2560x1440 would be nice, but remember that your computer will have to drive all those extra pixels. I'd wait for the new MacBook Pro and get that with a 4K monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.