Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neil4512

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2004
Hi I have a 12 PB 1.33 and would really like to get an extra monitor to expand my desktop real estate. What brands should I look for and which should I stay away from. I would love to get an Apple cinema display but they are way out of my price range.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
If you search the forum you'll find most people recommend the Dell 20" and 24" wide screens, they've had some great reviews here. You might want to tell us what your budget is so we can help you pick something in your price range? :)

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
If you decide to go with a Dell LCD, which I highly recommend, keep an eye on the prices and don't feel like you have to get it right now. For instance I have seen them for for as little as $394 for the 2005FPW (20.1" Wide Aspect or something like that), as of right now you can get it for about $500 with current sales and coupons. A good site to keep an eye on is http://www.xpbargains.com/dell_coupons/. :cool:

Euan

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2005
UK
A few other posts I've read often go the same way...

Apple 20", Dell 24".

They often always look at cost.... if you can afford then Apple if not Dell.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Actually Dell monitors are only 16.2 million colour displays like most consumer level monitors.

As a graphic artist it's important for me to have a monitor that displays 16.7 million colours so I have a more realistic view of what I'm working on. Another plus is that it won't cost me an arm and a leg either. For around the same price as a Dell you can get the CMV CT-726D which looks great and performs exceptionally well, plus they include a dead pixel warranty (which is very important when buying LCD, a lot of companies don't offer it at all).

Attachments

• 726A.gif
    726A.gif
    36.8 KB · Views: 148
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.