Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter658

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2010
I have an iPad Pro M2 that I connect to an HP U28 external Monitor via USB-C.
However, the USB-C connection continually becomes inactive, and the only way (I’ve found) to restore the connection is to unplug the external monitor from then mains then plug it in again.
I raised a support case with HP but they said that the problem is with the iPad. I don’t accept that because I can connect another monitor to the iPad, albeit via HDMI, and the connection remains stable. But HP still say the problem is with the iPad.
Has anyone else had a problem with their iPad connection to an external monitor becoming randomly inactive?

Haddery

Suspended
Nov 17, 2023
It sounds like you're having trouble with your iPad Pro connection to an HP U28 external monitor via USB-C. Even though HP suggests it's the iPad's fault, you've connected another monitor through HDMI without issues. Have you tried using a different USB-C cable or checking for any updates on your iPad? Sometimes changing the cable or updating software might help with the connection stability

Peter658

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2010
It sounds like you're having trouble with your iPad Pro connection to an HP U28 external monitor via USB-C. Even though HP suggests it's the iPad's fault, you've connected another monitor through HDMI without issues. Have you tried using a different USB-C cable or checking for any updates on your iPad? Sometimes changing the cable or updating software might help with the connection stability
Thanks for your reply. Whilst the iPad software is up to date, I must admit I haven’t tried changing the cable as I’m using the one that came with the monitor and assumed (possibly wrongly) that it would be good. But I will get another cable and see if I still have the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.