Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrism_scotland

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Folks, I've pre-ordered a Brydge Keyboard for my iPP 12.9" 3rd gen and as a stop-gap (as the Brydge isn't available until April) rather than pickup the Smart Keyboard I was thinking that theremust be a half-decent "travel" bluetooth keyboard that I could pickup and use with the iPad that might also be compatible with other kit if needed.

I don't mind the Smart KB (I used one with my 2nd Gen iPP) but when I've opted for the Brydge I'd rather look for something else.

Also I'd expect thats likely to cost less than the £200 Smart Keyboard.

Any suggestions?

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
I have two Logitech Bluetooth keyboards.

The K810 is a slightly bigger, illuminated keyboard that I tend to use in the house
The Keys-to-go is an extremely portable keyboard that I use on my travels

The K810 has slightly ‘bouncy’ keys whilst the Keys-to-go is a bit like using a ZX-Spectrum if you remember those... Both are fine, I wouldn’t want to type a book on either of them...

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
You might consider the Logiteck K380. It's a bluetooth keyboard that can pair to 3 different devices, allowing easy switching between devices. It auto adapts to Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS so it is very useable with a mixed kit. It is very much the same size as the Apple wireless keyboards that don't have a numeric keypad and sells for less than $40USD, typically around $30 in the US.

I've had one for several years and use it with several devices. It uses standard AAA batteries and I find that rechargeable AAA batteries will last around 6-9 months on a charge.

Reactions: sracer

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
You might consider the Logiteck K380. It's a bluetooth keyboard that can pair to 3 different devices, allowing easy switching between devices. It auto adapts to Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS so it is very useable with a mixed kit. It is very much the same size as the Apple wireless keyboards that don't have a numeric keypad and sells for less than $40USD, typically around $30 in the US.

I've had one for several years and use it with several devices. It uses standard AAA batteries and I find that rechargeable AAA batteries will last around 6-9 months on a charge.

The K380 is real nice - I also have one. For lightweight use, I have this backlit keyboard that works very well -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FFVVDJ8

HappyIntro

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2016

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Are there any good keyboards that can magnetically attatch to the iPad Pro 12.9 as a front cover? I recall seeing something like this in earlier generations of the iPad.

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
The only way to connect a device securely is via the magnets on the back or perhaps by using a full-form case. You can’t just have a cover with no back.

So, with that limitation in mind, the Apple Smart Keyboard fits, and I think there are third party options starting to come out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.