Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kurama3114

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2019
Hello, I have recently been using an external USB mic to record drum audio with my iPhone XR, and it has been working fine until recently. Without changing anything about the audio setup, the audio is now way too loud is constantly clipping, resulting in totally unusable recordings. The mic is the AT2020 USB. I can record just fine using my computer, although sometimes I need to reduce the input sensitivity in audacity, which solves the problem. It would seem that doing the same thing on the phone would solve the problem, but I have found no way to actually reduce the mic sensitivity in IOS. I tried to do it in garage band, but it only sounds like the audio reduces in volume, so it is only quieter but still clipping. I am not using an official Apple Lightning to USB adapter. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to have to return the phone or mic. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.