Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spooky mulder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
ca
ok., so my friend just got a new iphone and i just had a few questions.

1. she doesn't like that the text messages she gets automatically show what is in them. Can this be changed to just show that you have recieved a text from " x"

2. I am having trouble setting up her mail account. When i go into mail setup and enter all info for her account: password, name, email address etc it shows up with a message, something like

"cannot connect to imap.mail.apple.yahoo.com" and it won't let me set up her mail account. I am just entering her yahoo email address and password and clicking o.k. What am i missing.

thanks for the help. As it is urgent, she might be returning it if it can't be resolved. *sigh* "she just don't get it"

thanks.

PACMAC

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
you need to enable POP on you email...and as for the text you can go to settings/general/passcode turn SMS Preview off..

:apple:

spooky mulder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
ca
you need to enable POP on you email...and as for the text you can go to settings/general/passcode turn SMS Preview off..

:apple:

the general setting do not have an option to turn sms preview off....?

edit: never mind figured it out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.