Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
All I can say is WOW! That's some nice upgrade they've done!

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

They have breakdowns now for not only the teams but for every member in all the teams.

Go check it out and select your name - it will give you your personal stats and who your're going to pass along with who's going to pass you.

Great stuff....:D

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, I think its complete enough that there isn't reason for anyone to try and make our own macrumors stats page. Given all the info available now it would be redundant.

Its very interesting to see the personal stats covered so thoroughly.

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
ah, it might be down, try back later...its worth a look ;)

And congrats on reaching 500 points eye

D

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Originally posted by MrMacman
That is why we wanted our own stats page.

Because when the other ones go down, we can always look here.

For that matter, what's the likelihood that a stats page of our own would always be up? There's three good stats pages (statsman, extremeoverclocking and team macnn) that provide all the details you could possibly want, and don't really have much down-time.
With this latest update to extremeoverclocking, I can't think what more I'd want to know. Very nice design.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by britboy
For that matter, what's the likelihood that a stats page of our own would always be up? There's three good stats pages (statsman, extremeoverclocking and team macnn) that provide all the details you could possibly want, and don't really have much down-time.
With this latest update to extremeoverclocking, I can't think what more I'd want to know. Very nice design.

Yes, it will somewhat like re-inventing the wheel, but I've brought up the topic only because I think it would be a fun project.

And I plan on ripping off ExtremeOC, and adding some new stuff...;)

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Yes, it will somewhat like re-inventing the wheel, but I've brought up the topic only because I think it would be a fun project.

And I plan on ripping off ExtremeOC, and adding some new stuff...;)

oohhhh, ahhhh.

Can you clue us in or is it top secret/I have no idea yet staging? ;)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
oohhhh, ahhhh.

Can you clue us in or is it top secret/I have no idea yet staging? ;)

Definitely more the latter than the former, right now.

Once school is done for the semester I'll start to work on it. :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
wow, that's a pretty good summer project. Maybe you should pass a few ideas out in this forum and see if someone can think of any other things that would be useful.

Keep us current on your plans, sounds interesting. I'll be very impressed if you can take all the good stuff from all the stats pages and make it available in one link. I know that a few of the stats are pretty useless.

D

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Exactly. I'm not going to worry about graphs at first, because those are prevalent elsewhere, and are something I'm not as familiar with right now.

I'd love to get suggestions from everyone as far as what they'd like to see in the stats, so let's get a wishlist going.

Post the stats you find most interesting, helpful, illustrative, whatever. :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
What I really like at the extreme site is who you're going to pass and who's going to pass you given your current rate of WU production.

Its been instrumental in the MacAddict race.

They also have milestones for points, but a really good one would be for WUs - 100, 200, 500, etc. That's a little more impressive to me than points. Especially with some of the older memebers who had to crank out tons of .5 and 1.0 point WUs.

D

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Oh yeah, the current threats/prospects feature of ExOC is absolutely going to be in there.

I agree on the WU milestones, as well.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by dukestreet
And congrats on reaching 500 points eye

ahh...thanker ;)

I'm a bit disappointed right now though. The DP at work is kinda out of commission, and my numbers have slowed up quite considerably without it. :(

Hopefully we'll get it going in the next day or so, and while I'm still there I can get the luxury of it's number crunching capabilities! ;)

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
I downloaded the software, and had no clue what I was doing.

If you make a MR page, put some instructions on how to set it up, what you will see so you know if it's working or not, how long thnigs take, I gave up after 4 or 5 hours of not seeing anythng happen, and what you should do as far as setting up your computer (especially if you have a laptop) so that it will work on the folding.

pEZ

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
There's a sticky at the top of the topic list for the Distributed Computing forum which helps to get folding set up (thanks to Rower_CPU). You can see it here.

edit: Actually, Rower_CPU - if you see this, the Extreme Overclocking link on that sticky is now outdated since they redid their site. Sure, there's a redirect, but who knows for how long.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Thanks for reminding me, pEZ. It's fixed now.

Is there a way to make the topic on fire or something, because obviously people aren't getting that we have a FAQ at the top of the forums, sorry mcrain, but you pointed out something that I thought everyone could see, but I guess I am wrong...

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Is there a way to make the topic on fire or something, because obviously people aren't getting that we have a FAQ at the top of the forums, sorry mcrain, but you pointed out something that I thought everyone could see, but I guess I am wrong...

I added an exclamation point to it...we'll see if that helps...

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
cool site

No wish list, I like that setup.
Maybe a page that had the info about the team and the individual on one page with the "to be passed" and the "they're gaining on me!" info.

pEZ

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
I'm really liking the graphs they've added - shows my suspicion that we've "decreased" production over the past month or so and we have a negative slope going. Good to know, good to know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.