Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatsmyfish

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Just a question. How often are you all resetting the tracking or realigning it? So, for example, if I takeoff the headset, put it back on, wipe my eyes, or leave it off for a while,adjust it back-and-forth, loosen or tighten it, do you find that your old resetting the alignment of the eyes or is this something the Vision Pro should be doing? I know this from time to time that I’m looking at some thing and it selects something right next to it, etc. I’m just curious how much we should be doing this versus how much the software should be handling it? I hope that made sense!

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I've done it a few times. Got the readers. Wasn't sure the 1.5-1.75's were enough (I used 1.75 myself) so got the 2.0-2.75 to try. Strangely, the difference didn't seem that much. And reading text didn't really seem to improve. I'd do the realignment a few times to see if anything changed. Including when upgrading the OS - decided to go the beta route so I've done it a few more times than most I suppose. So - yes, I've done it a few times 😁

DrewDowne

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2015
I have the same exact issue as you and I have to reset the eye tracking frequently (every 1-2 days). I feel like the issue is due to the contact lenses I wear. I just bought the prescription lenses for the Vision Pro and they arrive on Monday. I'm hoping this resolves my issue...

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
I was just going to create a thread on this topic. I, too, have to recalibrate the eye tracking every couple of days.

Usually, it gets off track vertically where I have to look just above an item, like the links to the threads here in the forum, to highlight and select the item.

A couple of times I’ve had it get off track horizontally where I have to look left of the item to select it. When it is off horizontally, it becomes very difficult to select the close button ‘X’ for an app.

Sometimes I put the headset on and all is okay, but every couple of days or so the tracking gets off for whatever reason and I have to recalibrate. It’s kind of a pain, but you really need precise control for most apps.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Are you guys using the dial button first to recenter things before resorting to recalibration?

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Are you guys using the dial button first to recenter things before resorting to recalibration?
Re-centering only brings the windows to the center of your field of view. It does nothing to correct eye tracking issues. The only way to address the eye tracking “drift” is to go through the calibration process, where you look at and select the dots in the headset in three different lighting conditions, again. Then it is spot on until it isn’t again.

In thinking about it, it seems to get off after having removed the headset and then putting it back on, so it could be related to the position of the headset on your face. It usually seems to go on the same position when placed back on your head, but I’m sure that there are slight positional variations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.