Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyg86

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
Hey all.

I installed the f.lux tweak and it says I must first set my location via the F.lux app (found via it's entry in the settings app). Problem is, there is no f.lux app on the springboard..

It seems to be working fine however. Safe to ignore this message?

Last edited:

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
f.lux not working right with my iphone 6 plus (8.1). After awhile flux does not change the color, for ex last night got stuck at 6500k, nothing would make it change to 3000k. After reinstalling worked fine. Woke up this morning, same thing, stuck at 3000k, would not change to 6500k even though app setting showed current color is 6500k.

Uninstalled for now, hopefully dev updates it soon, only reason I jailbroke

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
f.lux not working right with my iphone 6 plus (8.1). After awhile flux does not change the color, for ex last night got stuck at 6500k, nothing would make it change to 3000k. After reinstalling worked fine. Woke up this morning, same thing, stuck at 3000k, would not change to 6500k even though app setting showed current color is 6500k.

Uninstalled for now, hopefully dev updates it soon, only reason I jailbroke

Yep, f.lux has major issues with the iOS 8 jailbreak and needs an update.

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
noticed that my screen was still bit yellow even after uninstalling and restarting, I restarted again and finally my screen is back to normal.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Yeah, I noticed this too. It did not change my screen at all last night even though I set up the location in the f.lux app. Hum...hope it gets updated soon.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Well, last night flux put me into a boot loop. Couldn't ssh so had to restore. Will wait for it to be fully compatible.

Usually you can hold the volume up button to boot your iPhone in "Safe mode", uninstall the problematic tweaks, reboot and back to normal. No need to use SSH to remove the buggy software.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Usually you can hold the volume up button to boot your iPhone in "Safe mode", uninstall the problematic tweaks, reboot and back to normal. No need to use SSH to remove the buggy software.

Nope, wouldn't work. I tried everything (I'm a dev). I couldn't extract any crash logs to find the cause. The version out isn't updated, it just continues to work. I think it needs updating fully before I'll install, there are a few issues knocking around.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
f.lux stuck on night mode for me as well

Seemed to work fine yesterday after jailbreaking and setting location in the app itself. This morning it won't come out of "night mode" either on it's own, or by disabling it in Settings or FlipControlCenter.

Will uninstall and wait for an update. Should be simple, right? :)

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Seemed to work fine yesterday after jailbreaking and setting location in the app itself. This morning it won't come out of "night mode" either on it's own, or by disabling it in Settings or FlipControlCenter.

Will uninstall and wait for an update. Should be simple, right? :)

Yeah, f.lux still isn't working that well on iOS 8. It'll get stuck in night mode and you have to uninstall it and then reboot your device to get the proper colors back.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
Same problem here, come morning time f.lux will still be on and I have to reboot to get it normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.