Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ok, so i looooove exposé, but recently its been acting up, especially the standard F11 function where you can see the desktop, i press it, all the open windows move aside, but it only stays like that for about five seconds then it basically gives up on me and all the windows go back into place. i'm not doing anything that should make this happen....whats up?

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
yeah it still happens, it does it, but then five seconds or so later all my windows just whip back into place, its really annoying when i have a lot of windows open and can't move things around on the desktop :(

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I've had this problem occasionally as well, and I've seen at least one other thread about it. I seem to remember that it was a certain Dashboard widget that was causing the problem, although I don't remember which one. The Dashboard and Exposé are actually both handled by the Dock process, so they are interconnected somehow.

yellow5

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2005
Do you have the widget "Sing that iTune!" installed?

I've just realized that messes with the setting of Expose.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
crap yeah i do, if i just close it on dashboard will that fix it, or will i have to competely delete it for exposé to go back to normal

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
yellow5 said:
Do you have the widget "Sing that iTune!" installed?

I've just realized that messes with the setting of Expose.

I think you found the problem! I had that widget to, although I haven't had it active for a while. As far as I can remember, the problems with Exposé stopped when I closed Sing that iTune, although I didn't realize/make the connection at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.