Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevinuaa

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2004
Hawaii
so stupid question i haven't been able to find the answer to. on the f7 key, there is a two rectangle symbol. what does this mean? the other day, i saw someone using their powerbook and switch programs, and the symbol showed up on the screen. haven't been able to figure out how to do this. is this a part of expose i don't know about?
cheers!

Simon Liquid

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2001
Iowa
In other words, if you have an external monitor or television plugged in, using F7 will change between 'Mirrored Mode' where both screen show the same thing, useful for presentations and 'Spanning Mode' which uses the second monitor to give you that much more desktop space. Can you say run on sentence?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Just a note.

The F7 Mirror Mode Only works with PowerBooks that have the key. Early TiBooks, without the key, do not have the functionality. (It is menu driven.)

They need F8 set up to "Detect Displays". If I had this functionality, it would make my live much easier.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.