Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 19, 2015
I’m not 100% certain that this occurred right after 14.3 release but it is happening frequently enough now to be noticeable. Intermittently waking and unlocking my 12 Pro Max is sluggish with Face ID just hanging and sometimes failing altogether resulting in the password field popping up. Again this is intermittent but often enough to be annoying. And this is not mask related, I’m not wearing any mask or head covering of any kind. I even turned off the attention setting to see if that would affect anything. Nothing has changed.

More frequent and annoying is Face ID failing in certain apps. Not every app but I’ve not yet been able to detect a pattern to determine if it’s only specific apps. Both of these issues are quite recent so I’m attributing it to 14.3 but it may have existed in the prior versions. It seems to be less significant on my iPad Pro but that may be because I’m using my phone more frequently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.