Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2GoldFish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
Is it possible to set up the iPhone so that as soon as the Face ID is unlocked, it will take you straight to the Home screen (with icons)? Currently my phone remains in the lock screen (despite the lock pad is unlocked) and I have to swap up to get to the Home screen.

Thanks in advance.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

2GoldFish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
It's not something that's possible, at least not so far.

Thanks for that.

Former iPhone 6s user here. In the past all I need to do is to put my finger on the Touch ID and it jumps straight to Home Screen. It seems like with the iPhone XR, I have to look at the phone and swipe up. I know this is almost like a first world problem here, but to me, that's one extra step that I have to take.

Reactions: GTFOHMF

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Only if you consider looking at the screen as a step. Most people don't. So raise the phone and swipe up all in one motion. Voila...home screen!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for that.

Former iPhone 6s user here. In the past all I need to do is to put my finger on the Touch ID and it jumps straight to Home Screen. It seems like with the iPhone XR, I have to look at the phone and swipe up. I know this is almost like a first world problem here, but to me, that's one extra step that I have to take.
All certainly thoughts that various people have shared since the launch of iPhone X last year. So far (for better or worse) that's still how it works.

Reactions: 2GoldFish

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Yes, it is like the removal of Slide to Unlock for the iPhones without Touch ID (5 and 5c). Complete oversight: You now have to press the home button twice to get to the passcode screen. This is solved in the 5s and newer by enabling "Rest finger to open", which enables the previous behaviour. Welcome to change for the sake of change.
What you ask should be possible, as it was on the 5s and newer with that option enabled, but I doubt Apple will implement that, because who doesn't like change, even if it is troublesome and pointless?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes, it is like the removal of Slide to Unlock for the iPhones without Touch ID (5 and 5c). Complete oversight: You now have to press the home button twice to get to the passcode screen. This is solved in the 5s and newer by enabling "Rest finger to open", which enables the previous behaviour. Welcome to change for the sake of change.
What you ask should be possible, as it was on the 5s and newer with that option enabled, but I doubt Apple will implement that, because who doesn't like change, even if it is troublesome and pointless?
Apple has changed their mind on various things here and there. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.