Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandonlowsk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
anyone having this problem too? Currently using xs max and face id does not seem to work.

yass31

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2017
FR
After each update i restart my iPhone after like 20 minutes, letting it time to reindex everything, but Face ID was working right after I installed iOS 13

Hank3rd

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2014
My iPad Pro just restarted and I lost FaceID. I guess I will wait a little while and try to set it up again.

Brandonlowsk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
My iPad Pro just restarted and I lost FaceID. I guess I will wait a little while and try to set it up again.
Let me know if it’s working afterwards thanks man
[doublepost=1559737301][/doublepost]
Did you update to iOS 13 via the command line hack on YouTube?
If so, there have been reports of this happening via this method. I don’t know if it’s related though.
Yes i used that method

Hank3rd

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2014
Let me know if it’s working afterwards thanks man

It continued to not work, then I restarted and was able to set it up again.

When I first installed iPadOS 13 it worked great. Then the bugs started to appear today!

Brandonlowsk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
I woke up this morning and FaceID wasn’t working on my XS Max. Rebooting the phone sorted it out
One reboot solved it?
[doublepost=1559745355][/doublepost]
It continued to not work, then I restarted and was able to set it up again.

When I first installed iPadOS 13 it worked great. Then the bugs started to appear today!
I tried setting face id up, they told me to try face id again. It was a black screen though

The Spirit

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Germany
just reflashed ios 13 with 3utools and facetime is now working.
there seems to be a bug via flashing with windows commandline tool.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I wonder how do you upgrade to iOS 13, on top of iOS 12 or DFU?
My iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 11" both have working Face ID and I just finished a few purchases using Apple Pay one hour ago.

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
just reflashed ios 13 with 3utools and facetime is now working.
there seems to be a bug via flashing with windows commandline tool.

Also fixed my command line install with 3utools. I have to wonder;

1. Can phones just be updated to iOS 13 directly with 3utools? It’s ridiculously easy, but all the chatter is about the command line method

2. Why did Apple bother trying to limit it by not issuing a profile. They must know these side loading tools exist. Honestly it wasn’t any more difficult then in the old days getting a UDiD registered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.