Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbuddy99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
I don't know how many of you are experiencing this issue but when FACE ID fails to identify you can swipe up and it shows "Face ID" and then there is a transition lag to the "Enter Passcode" screen. However, I noticed that due to this animation lag I sometimes swipe up twice when the "Face ID" text appears on the screen, and the Enter passcode screen is barely visible for passcode entry. See the attached image.

I tried resetting my settings, but I can still reproduce this issue. When I am in bed or the iPhone is not angled well enough to get a capture of my face, there is a little vibration which lets you know the Face ID is not recognized. Now swipe up, and when you see the "Face ID" text appear swipe up again, and a barely transparent or sometimes invisible "Enter Passcode" entry shows up (And you can push the buttons by touching the bottom of the screen). It's annoying as hell when you want to enter the passcode in a hurry, and sometimes inadvertently due to multiple entries my iPhone gets disabled for a minute.

Was wondering if anyone can reproduce the issue or is it only with my phone?

Edit: Uploaded an image when the passcode is alphanumeric (you can see the text key options clearly on an almost invisible entry screen).

Attachments

• IMG_2676.PNG
    IMG_2676.PNG
    542.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2677.PNG
    IMG_2677.PNG
    544.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2678.PNG
    IMG_2678.PNG
    532.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.