Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ali.mofadal

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Malaysia
I had this problem since iOS 6, yesterday I upgraded to iOS 7 yet I still have the same problem, I deleted both apps and installed them again, I'm desperate to find a solution for the sake of knowing what's the problem !!!

jayinla

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
I had this problem since iOS 6, yesterday I upgraded to iOS 7 yet I still have the same problem, I deleted both apps and installed them again, I'm desperate to find a solution for the sake of knowing what's the problem !!!

Known issue. Works when it wants. Been that way for years. You would think Facebook would fix it....

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Instagram isn't even always pushing notifications either. And sound I think I never even had. Along with fb.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
There is a fix for the Facebook, Im surprised not everyone knows about it. I made a thread about it but don't know where it is. Either way here is the fix:

-Go to the facebook app on phone
-Go to Account Settings
-Go to Notifications
-Go to Mobile Push
-Look at the top of the screen and it said "Sound for push notifications"
-Edit it to ON for all notifications

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
There is a fix for the Facebook, Im surprised not everyone knows about it. I made a thread about it but don't know where it is. Either way here is the fix:

-Go to Account Settings
-Go to Notifications
-Go to Mobile Push

Thanks I'm going to see how that works. By any chance do you knw about Instagram. Also sometimes I'll get the Instagram notification on my iPad not on iPhone. Weird.

ali.mofadal

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Malaysia

-Go to Account Settings
-Go to Notifications
-Go to Mobile Push

Thanks dude, I haven't test it yet but I hope it works, shame there isn't a fix for instagram though it's not a big loss since I don't care that much about who liked my pictures :)

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
Thanks dude, I haven't test it yet but I hope it works, shame there isn't a fix for instagram though it's not a big loss since I don't care that much about who liked my pictures :)

I have been getting the notifications for Instagram but no sound. Don't really care though :p

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
I just read on Instagram FAQ that they do not do sounds or badges. So I guess that answers that. Also my notifications are coming through now. Apparently if I'm on my iPad it goes to my iPad if not it all goes to my phone.

jayden

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
I just read on Instagram FAQ that they do not do sounds or badges. So I guess that answers that. Also my notifications are coming through now. Apparently if I'm on my iPad it goes to my iPad if not it all goes to my phone.

Where did you read this?

david91

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
Have you ever tried to explore the Facebook settings? I had that problem before but I really tried to look for a solution. I explored it and there it goes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.