Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Hey guys. Running an IPad Air 3 on IOS 14.6

Facebook is giving me a issue the past few months and absolutely no help from FB support or other areas. When I go to click on message someone on FB it takes me to messenger like it’s supposed to… but the actual place where you’d be typing a message is completely blank. The left side where you see all your friends is completely functional. But basically this has created a weird situation where I can no longer message people unless they have messaged me first on Ipad because messneger won’t let me start a convo im not friends with! Because the first time you message someone you obviously have to hit message them but it’s now blank! This is especially frustrating in marketplace.

I have deleted both apps multiple times. Done everything I can think of but I see nobody else with this issue. Also it works perfectly on my Galaxy phone so I know I’m not in trouble with Facebook or banned. It’s just a weird ass bug. I wonder if upgrading to IOS 15 would fix? I don’t really wanna as I’m happy with my device the way it is and in the next year or so I’ll probably get a upgrade

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
I think it’s a bug on Facebook’s end with the iPad app. My mom and I have the same issue on our iPads, and we’re on the latest iOS 15 version. It works fine on our iPhones.

Reactions: Fishels

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
I think it’s a bug on Facebook’s end with the iPad app. My mom and I have the same issue on our iPads, and we’re on the latest iOS 15 version. It works fine on our iPhones.
Thank you so much! Just confi you hit message from the FB app, it takes you to messenger and then the place you are supposed to able to type is empty right? The left side works fine correct?

Also may I ask what iPads you have. Thank you

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
Correct, the left side is functional, and the right side is blank (or still on the last conversation I was on). I saw there was an update for Messenger yesterday, but that didn't fix this issue. The iPads are the M1 iPad Pro 11" and either the 5th or 6th gen iPad.

Reactions: Fishels

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Correct, the left side is functional, and the right side is blank (or still on the last conversation I was on). I saw there was an update for Messenger yesterday, but that didn't fix this issue. The iPads are the M1 iPad Pro 11" and either the 5th or 6th gen iPad.
I’m now into May and still NO fix on my end. Anything work for you?

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Anyone else with an iPad that can please check this for me? Super frustrating

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.