Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I like having my Facebook calendar appear in my Apple Calendar. What I'm not huge on is getting notifications for the event from both Calendar and from Facebook.

Is there any way to turn off notifications on the Calendar events (just the Facebook ones) and leave them on for Facebook (FB notifications include info like other friends who will be there so they're more informative)?

I know I can turn off calendar sync or turn off the notifications for the Facebook app but would like to keep them on for the FB app and off for the sync'd Calendar events from FB but leave notifications on for all other Calendar events.
[doublepost=1491165682][/doublepost]Fixed it.

bZ06YEY.png

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Are you saying that iOS Calendar is sending alerts for that Facebook calendar even though you've got the "Event Alerts" switched "Off" as shown?

Nope. Previously it was set to allow alerts on the Facebook calendar. Because of that, I was getting alerts for the event from Calendar, and then another alerts from Facebook too. Turning off alerts from that calendar now results in me only getting alerts from Facebook for the events.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Sorry...I missed the "Fixed it" part!

You (OP) can go to the top of this thread, click the little gear wheel (Thread Tools), click "Edit Title" and add the "Resolved" prefix if you want to clarify.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.