Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
I can't seem to log into facebook. Anyone know what could be wrong? If I enter an incorrect password, it say it's wrong so it's authenticating but when I enter the correct user/pass and try to log in it just sits and says "logging in..."

How long does this thing take??

tparekh

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2008
I can't seem to log into facebook. Anyone know what could be wrong? If I enter an incorrect password, it say it's wrong so it's authenticating but when I enter the correct user/pass and try to log in it just sits and says "logging in..."

I am getting the same issue. Quick on a wrong password, but just displays "Logging in" otherwise. Any ideas?

iSimon

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
Glasgow
After I updated to 2.0 the first time I tried to log in I couldn't even enter any characters - so I just Home screen'd out and tried again. I was then able to enter email and password but then I got a login fail (after about 15-20 seconds). My third attempt logged in fine (again taking about 15-20 seconds). Since then not had an issue at all. Oh and this was on 3G - so perhaps it might take longer if you are on EDGE / GPRS.

Might just be high load on the servers though?

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
I have this same issue. I tried relogging in but still a no go. I thought it was just me. I guess that it is a small app issue.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
When trying to login over Edge or 3G, Facebook takes significantly longer than when connected to Wifi.
Although obvious, this may be the reason your all seeing this.

Working perfectly here.

R-Fly

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
After banging my head, reinstalling, waiting for it to log on for like 15+ minutes and still it didn't work. I was about to kick the crap out of it then I said...

REBOOT

After rebooting it worked.

I suggest to reinstall everything, delete from iPhone, delete from iTunes, redownload from iTunes, re-sync and then reboot.

That worked for me.

Something got caught up somewhere in the matrix. So I think the reboot was needed to clear everything out.

Let me know how you guys do?

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
After banging my head, reinstalling, waiting for it to log on for like 15+ minutes and still it didn't work. I was about to kick the crap out of it then I said...

REBOOT

After rebooting it worked.

I suggest to reinstall everything, delete from iPhone, delete from iTunes, redownload from iTunes, re-sync and then reboot.

That worked for me.

Something got caught up somewhere in the matrix. So I think the reboot was needed to clear everything out.

Let me know how you guys do?

I tried to delete from iphone and reboot. That didn't work. I will try your suggestion when I get home tomorrow. I did most of my troubleshooting over wireless LAN, so that is why I figured that it was an app problem. Hopefully this gets fixed tonight. Thanks for sharing your solution.

ob81

weave

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2003
"Me too"

Meh, me too. Hangs on logging in. I deleted the app, reinstalled, rebooted the phone, still doing it, whether I'm on wifi or EDGE.

Typing in the wrong password tells me it failed, typing it in right just hangs. :mad:

Y2JDMBFAN

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
It's working for me now...I think maybe the server is overloaded or something...

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville

What a POS this thing is. I have never used facebook, signed up today... download this app and it hangs. Rebooted. And it hangs.

The single biggest POS I have downloaded from the App Store. Everything else works, except this. :mad:

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
By any chance, did you all just sign-up? I know i did and had this problem. Perhaps, if you all did just sign-up, it takes a few to propagate?? :confused:

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
By any chance, did you all just sign-up? I know i did and had this problem. Perhaps, if you all did just sign-up, it takes a few to propagate?? :confused:

Seems to be working now. Maybe that is the issue. Facebook must be running their system on TRS-80's and 300 baud Hayes modems.

headfuzz

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2007
Brighton, UK
Hanging for me too :(

Despite several reboots and having uninstalled and reinstalled it I'm still stuck having entered my username and password with the "Logging in..." message :(

SteveSalt

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2008
Success for me:

Similar to nutsnbolts

delete facebook from both iPhone and iTunes

Restart both (sip coffee)

Sync (Little more coffee)

download facebook through iTunes (Mac)

Sync again (pray)

Launched this time and it worked. I can't say for sure, but maybe the best part of syncing up was coffee in my cup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.