Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacOstot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2021
Hello there.
Please, existing any chat app for Facebook Messenger on Mac OS Tiger 10.4.11?
PowerPC G4 933MHz, 640MB RAM.
Thanks

duanepatrick

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
Your macOS is old. Old macOS poses a lot of security risks. Is there any reason not to upgrade?

Anyway, tried a couple of searching and I found this site: https://www.oldapps.com/mac/msn_messenger.php?system=mac_os_x_10.4_tiger_powerpc, which is for the old version of the MSN Messaging app. Hope it helps.

Edit: I think I misunderstood the question. If you are looking for FB messenger for your old macOS, you may check this page: https://download.cnet.com/Facebook-Messenger-4-Mac/3000-12941_4-76341552.html

Disclaimer: I am not familiar with nor related to these sites. I simply looked and search for them from Google.

Reactions: MacOstot

MacOstot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2021
Hi, thank u for reply.
I already tried this applications. MSN download link not exist and Messenger 4 mac cant run, because old Mac OS

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Hi, thank u for reply.
I already tried this applications. MSN download link not exist and Messenger 4 mac cant run, because old Mac OS

Have you tried to see if the messenger.com page works through Ten Four Fox? It's significantly less to load than the full Facebook website.

Alternatively Adium used to be available for Tiger and used to work with FB Messenger but I haven't used Adium since Snow Leopard, maybe a bit into Lion, so don't know if it's still able to connect

Reactions: MacOstot

MacOstot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2021
Normal Facebook.com page its works, but messenger.com no works, only white screen on the page.
OK Im goint try Adium

MacOstot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2021
So, I reinstall TenFourFox and now messenger.com running, but very, very slow. Not usable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.