Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Hey guys, this morning, I've started to have a strange problem with my facebook password and internet accounts. I am running High Sierra 10.13.4 on a late 2015 iMac 27". I have applied the latest security updates from Apple released this week, and all was well until this morning.

I woke up this morning to see a notification asking for my Facebook password, so I enter it into internet accounts, and it takes, but then the alert comes back saying the password is required and the box comes up again when selecting the account in settings. Has Apple changed something, and is Facebook integration no longer supported, or is this a bug?

I can't find any recent reports of this from a google search, everything being returned is from last year at the newest.

Thanks!

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Maybe unrelated, however there apparently are reports of problems with FB (don't use it myself).

http://downdetector.com/status/facebook

27 April: Problems at Facebook
Facebook is having issues since 1:21 AM EDT. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.​

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that. I wanted to add, that the mobile app on iPad, and iPhone work fine, as does the website. This seems to be specific to the macOS integration of Facebook for notifications, and sharing, etc. That's why I asked if Apple did something.

Reactions: TiggrToo

JerryFn

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
Herefordshire
Hey guys, this morning, I've started to have a strange problem with my facebook password and internet accounts. I am running High Sierra 10.13.4 on a late 2015 iMac 27". I have applied the latest security updates from Apple released this week, and all was well until this morning.

I woke up this morning to see a notification asking for my Facebook password, so I enter it into internet accounts, and it takes, but then the alert comes back saying the password is required and the box comes up again when selecting the account in settings. Has Apple changed something, and is Facebook integration no longer supported, or is this a bug?

I can't find any recent reports of this from a google search, everything being returned is from last year at the newest.

Thanks!

I had the same, Gmail too and Apple id. Had the crazy blank login that did not go anywhere.

Tried lots of complex keychain options but in the end, a 'restart' fixed it.

So often the most obvious solution, Turn it Off and On , works.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
I had the same, Gmail too and Apple id. Had the crazy blank login that did not go anywhere.

Tried lots of complex keychain options but in the end, a 'restart' fixed it.

So often the most obvious solution, Turn it Off and On , works.

Initially, a restart had no change. Turns out the issue was with facebook as the above article suggested. I gave it a few hours and tried the login again. It's been fine since. As an extra precaution, I've enabled two-step / factor login options on all major accounts such as google, Facebook, etc. While I haven't had issues in all the years having the accounts internet hacks have become more aggressive so decided to play it safe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.