Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thor774

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I noticed today a bug that I had not seen in High Sierra 10.13 (17A405).
  1. Start a Facetime audio call or just receive one on the Mac.
  2. Do you see the small window on the right that shows the call status? Try to move it or place it behind other windows. It is not possible. It is just fixed there in that place and you cannot hide it or place it anywhere else while you speak.
This is very annoying. In macOS 10.12 you could place this window anywhere you wanted and could even hide it behind other windows and continue with the call. Now this small window is set to be "always on top" and fixed to the same position.

Have you noticed this? I am making a bug report to Apple and encourage you to do the same.

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
I have this problem too. I reported it, so hopefully it be fixed when an update is available. I'm having another issue with FaceTime as well. If I look at the recent calls and click the "I" to pull up contact info, it pulls up some random characters instead.

jillko

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2017
I have the same problem. The Facetime audio box was movable on the last OS version but now it's just stuck in one place. I've tried checking and unchecking the "Always on Top" option that's under the "Video" menu, but this is an issue with the Audio window, so that didn't work. "Command H" doesn't work either. The only way I got it to disappear was to hit "esc" - but then I couldn't get it back on the screen again when I had to punch in numbers for the call. It disappeared completely until I quit the call. It showed up again with a new phone call but same issue all over again.…Very annoying, as I have to use MacBook for fullscreen PDF presentations and markup…please advise!

deejerydoo

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2017
Mojave has been around for a good while now and received several major updates and yet Apple appears to still be ignoring all of us who are getting mightily p!ssed about this bug. More than 1,200 people have clicked on the "I have this question too" button on the Apple discussion forums:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8085443
And that is just one of multiple posts about this UI bug.
Apple's attitude to software QA and its customers is starting to smell more than a little rotten.

TSM

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Mojave has been around for a good while now and received several major updates and yet Apple appears to still be ignoring all of us who are getting mightily p!ssed about this bug. More than 1,200 people have clicked on the "I have this question too" button on the Apple discussion forums:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8085443
And that is just one of multiple posts about this UI bug.
Apple's attitude to software QA and its customers is starting to smell more than a little rotten.
Still, December 17, 2020. No words!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.