Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

planetf1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
Hampshire, UK
A slightly odd one. I'm on an XS Max with IOS 13 b2.
If I video call someone with iOS 12 (latest-ish - can't be certain), the video call works normally for a while... then get a 'poor connection'... then a 'reconnecting' . Meanwhile the IOS 12 party sees their video go blank, possibly unresponsive then after 10s of seconds bomb back to desktop.

Anyone else seeing this (I've obviously not been on the receiving end of this issue)

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
If I video call someone with iOS 12 (latest-ish - can't be certain), the video call works normally for a while... then get a 'poor connection'... then a 'reconnecting' . Meanwhile the IOS 12 party sees their video go blank, possibly unresponsive then after 10s of seconds bomb back to desktop.

Anyone else seeing this (I've obviously not been on the receiving end of this issue)

Works fine for me. Took a call from my wife who is on ios12 today and also was able to make one to her. I am on iPhone XS Max Verizon on ios 13 beta 2. She is on iphone 8+ not sure if she is on latest iOS 12 she does not update often.

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013

I've experienced that exact same scenario. Sometimes it's better if they call you, but like you said, it always results in 'Poor Connection', followed by 'Reconnecting', but it rarely reconnects properly.

Even when the call does last, my (iOS 13) face usually freezes shortly into a call on their (iOS 12) end. I can usually see them just fine, but my face is usually frozen on their end, or even weirder, it crashes back to the FaceTime main screen with a list of previous calls on their end, while the audio keeps going somehow. Betas are fun...

Reactions: planetf1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.