Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I use my iPhone XS Max to FaceTime my wife's iPad. After the connection I select the camera flip to view from the rear camera on my iPhone. As soon as I do, I get the Camera being used by another application on my iPhone and the iPad gets Paused. Once this happens it freezes. We are running the latest iOS 13 on both devices.

The iPhone that is associated with the iPad works just fine when flipping camera in FaceTime. Also when calling from iPad to my iPhone the camera flip works on the iPad just not on my iPhone.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
It’s really baffling. I did further testing and others can call into the iPad and flip camera without error. I even tried a different WiFi router in case that was a problem. I may need to contact Apple

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Goto settings, privacy then camera. You can see what apps have access to your camera. Turn them off one by one or all of them to see if makes a difference.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
UPDATE: the iOS 13.3 update on both devices has resolve the problem. Man, that was strange!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.