Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digduggler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
I can’t for the life of me figure out why they moved flip camera to a second screen.

Is there anyway to customize it? This is going to dive my parents nuts. They love seeing the grandkids, and like to show them stuff.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
It's driving me nuts too. Even when you pull up and click on it, it's so slow to turn around and then you need to carefully slide that pull-up panel back down again.

I assumed it was a first-attempt at working out to integrate all this "facetime multiple people at once" stuff that's been abandoned for the time being. Seems it's going to be in the final release like this.

mikkelhorsbol

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2009
Maybe it's just me, but I find FaceTime on iOS 12 very cumbersome to use - specifically the way that you mirror the camera.

Before iOS 12, I was able to quickly, with a single tap, shift from the front-facing camera to the back-facing camera when using FaceTime. Very convenient when you, at the same time, wants to show your caller something AND showing your face.

The new interface in iOS 12 seems clumsy and half-baked, to say the least. You have to press the options button (circle with 3 dots), then press "mirror"-button, then swipe down. While you're doing this, you cannot see the one you are Facetiming with.

Apple could have at least used Swipe-Up as the Options-button for a consistent interface...

I also experienced that once I had swiped down, the floating PiP of myself had shifted its position OUTSIDE the frame of the screen. This is clearly a bug...

Why change an interface that required ONE tap to mirror camera, to a new interface that requires two taps + a downwards swipe.

Maybe someone has an explanation for this change, or tell me another way of doing it - or maybe am I just holding it wrong? ;)

mikkelhorsbol

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2009
This is annoying the **** out of me as well. So cumbersome compared to the previous FaceTime-interface...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.