Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Anyone else experiencing this? I manually deleted every recent call ( a lot of them old) from the call list in FaceTime, and they reappear. I also can't get rid of the red circle number alert on the FaceTime icon. Is there something I am missing?

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Mine clear if I do it manually. However I hate that FaceTime notifications don't auto clear on Mac or iPad. Hate those red icons - shouldn't need to manual clear those. Should be synced with iPhone.

Alimar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
New York State
Anyone else experiencing this? I manually deleted every recent call ( a lot of them old) from the call list in FaceTime, and they reappear. I also can't get rid of the red circle number alert on the FaceTime icon. Is there something I am missing?
I find by clearing out the video calls and voice only calls in FaceTime does the trick.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Mine clear if I do it manually. However I hate that FaceTime notifications don't auto clear on Mac or iPad. Hate those red icons - shouldn't need to manual clear those. Should be synced with iPhone.
I don't recall having this trouble with Yosemite. FaceTime Mac is the only one acting this way. iPhone and iPad histories are clear and void of any red number alert.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008

I don't recall having this trouble with Yosemite. FaceTime Mac is the only one acting this way. iPhone and iPad histories are clear and void of any red number alert.

I'm still on Yosemite and this has *always* happened to me. Every time. I love Continuity phone calls but have always thought Apple needs a better notifications syncing system across the board. I'm so sick of dismissing day old notifications that I already dealt with on another device.

Reactions: TheBuffather

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
I'm still on Yosemite and this has *always* happened to me. Every time. I love Continuity phone calls but have always thought Apple needs a better notifications syncing system across the board. I'm so sick of dismissing day old notifications that I already dealt with on another device.

I completely agree. This is a problem for third party app notifications as well. The notifications should sync via iCloud. If I clear a CNN notification from my phone, it should also be cleared from my Mac and my iPad. It's incredibly annoying.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I completely agree. This is a problem for third party app notifications as well. The notifications should sync via iCloud. If I clear a CNN notification from my phone, it should also be cleared from my Mac and my iPad. It's incredibly annoying.

It really is annoying! Someday I hope we can see other devices' notifications if we so choose. I have a few iPhone-only apps whose notifications I'd like to see on my iPad and Mac. Having a unified cloud-based Notification Center would be really helpful for this.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
I am having the same issue, leaving a report. Can't get rid of the 1 notification I have on the Facetime app icon.

Dennywayne

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2015
I had the same problem and deleted the following files and restarted my Mac.
~/Library/Application Support/CallHistoryDB/CallHistory.storedata
~/Library/Application Support/CallHistoryDB/CallHistory.storedata-shm
~/Library/Application Support/CallHistoryDB/CallHistory.storedata-wal

Good luck

ljmac

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
Great White North

Good luck

Same issue for me, can't clear the notifications

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I got the same problem everyone. It just sits there. Despite me checking my call log and resetting my MacBook :(

fRc6gYH.png

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
I just had this happen again. I filed another bug report. Very annoying that I can't clear a recent FaceTime call alert icon. If anyone else has been experiencing this and hasn't filed a bug report, please do so. Apple needs to get this fixed.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Lucky. In DB5 they "fixed" this issue by not logging the calls any more :) My recent calls list shows nothing new since installing this latest beta despite the many times I've FaceTime'd.

MikeP414

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016

SOLUTION that worked for me using MacBook Pro:

1. Open Launchpad.
2. Open System Preferences.
3. Open "Notifications" (for me, top row & furthest to the right).
4. Click on "Facetime."
5. Uncheck box labeled, "Badge app icon."

Should resolve the issue.

If this also worked for you, as a favor to me, follow me on Facebook/Twitter or like my work Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ges.neiu.

teachrjosh

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2016

1. Open Launchpad.
4. Click on "Facetime."

If this also worked for you, as a favor to me, follow me on Facebook/Twitter or like my work Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ges.neiu.

That's just putting a band-aid over the problem. Some people still want the badge, but want it to be accurate.

And just FYI, you don't need to open Launchpad to get to System Preferences.

Reactions: adrianlondon

BebeDahling

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2015
Missouri

1. Open Launchpad.
4. Click on "Facetime."

[doublepost=1464230252][/doublepost]

1. Open Launchpad.
4. Click on "Facetime."

[doublepost=1464230429][/doublepost]

1. Open Launchpad.
4. Click on "Facetime."

Thank you Mike!!!! This has been driving me crazy. I'll be happy to like you on Facebook.

jmaeser

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2016

Good luck

Thanks, this worked for me.

Reactions: soydepr

emilylee

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2016

Go to the search bar, and search Terminal.
type in killall -KILL Dock
but make sure you have FaceTime open while doing it or else it won't clear the badges.
Though I tried a lot of method this is the one that helps the most even though you have to do it every day.

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
It's hard to believe, but this is still happening in Sierra.
The first reports of the FaceTime badge that won't go away are from 2011, and here we are 5 years and multiple OS releases later, and they still haven't fixed this simple thing. Pathetic.
It wouldn't bother me had there been a permanent solution, but I haven't seen one yet. The killall -KILL Dock command only does the job until next reboot. Disabling the badge in System Preferences > Notifications kills the badge functionality altogether. That's like cutting your head off to remove a pimple.

Reactions: hulabaloo

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
I have Facetime set up on my Mac in case I ever wish to use facetime. I used it a few years ago playing around, but haven't used it since. But for some reason some audio phone calls show up as recent when occasionally I find the recent message number showing up on the Facetime icon.

_MrZ_

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2015
I have Facetime set up on my Mac in case I ever wish to use facetime. I used it a few years ago playing around, but haven't used it since. But for some reason some audio phone calls show up as recent when occasionally I find the recent message number showing up on the Facetime icon.

Had same issue like everyone else, SOLVED by checking my iPhone recent calls on FaceTime app, and noticed that they were not synced and as long as i deleted the history from my iPhone, after 10 seconds the dots on my MBP disappeared, no need of terminal command or weird reboot after deleting manually several files!
So if you have same account on both iPhone and Macbook , just be sure you delete history on both devices!
Hope this will help,

Cheers

nemecj

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2021
I have a similar problem recently I notice my "recents" list in Facetime is populate with tons of unknown calls... Not sure where they come from there is no number associated with it... I CAN manually clear them but they come back every so often... (new ones). Why is this happening?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.