Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
I have m1 Mac mini 2020. I know android does not have facetime. But I was excited when I heard IOS 15 and above allows facetime from iphone to androids. I tried it with my sister and cousin and it works great in opera browser. Not chrome for some reason. So when I open the facetime app on my mac mini and say new facetime it works when I type in a number belonging to somebody who owns an iphone like my mom who just upgraded to 15 pro max. It says cancel or facetime. I have an LG VELVET android made summer 2020 got in February of 2021. That number or my email address does not work. It says cancel or invite with messages which is greyed out. Is mac mini not compatible yet? Or you cannot facetime from one email to another? Why are certian numbers and emails greyed and others are not? It is only iphones at t his time and not others or emails?

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
I've never tried FaceTime to an Android device but it sounds like you're trying to call directly from phone numbers and I'm pretty sure you have to create a link and invite Android users to FaceTime calls.

1. In FaceTime on your Mac Mini click on the Create Link button at the top left.
  2. Copy the link or choose how you will share it.
  3. Join the call
  4. Accept waiting callers

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
That is the problem. I thought create link was greyed out. But I can click on it I did not realize. But even in the "New Face Time" button I wonder why certain numbers and emails are greyed out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.