Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mafia001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I have a jailbroken ipad 2 running 6.1.3
Unfortunately i have messed up something in cydia and want to reset my ipad to factory version of 6.1.3
I m confused that though latest ios versions are available would itunes let me do that ?
Reset and delete all content from ipad wont work as i m on jailbroken device so it can only be done through itunes

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
I m confused that though latest ios versions are available would itunes let me do that ?
Reset and delete all content from ipad wont work as i m on jailbroken device so it can only be done through itunes

You can't get a factory version of iOS 6, but you can get the closest thing to a factory version of iOS 6 by using SemiRestore.

SemiRestore keeps the device jailbroken and on the same version it currently has, but it removes everything and makes it as clean as possible without having to upgrade. It keeps Cydia, but removes all Cydia packages.

If you want to keep your data, you can back up to iTunes, do the SemiRestore, and use the Restore Backup button to bring back the data, NOT the Restore button.

Then you can get what you want back from Cydia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.