Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BBE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2013
So I bought an used ipad air 2 that's already jailbroken on 8.3. I would like to basically wipe it and get a brand new fresh start with it, but would like to of course keep the jailbreak in tact. What's the best way to go about this?

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
So I bought an used ipad air 2 that's already jailbroken on 8.3. I would like to basically wipe it and get a brand new fresh start with it, but would like to of course keep the jailbreak in tact. What's the best way to go about this?
Best way to get a 100% fresh start is to reset your device to stock iOS 8.3 using Cydia Impactor. Afterwards jailbreak again using TaiG.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Best way to get a 100% fresh start is to reset your device to stock iOS 8.3 using Cydia Impactor. Afterwards jailbreak again using TaiG.

So i'm thinking about doing this because there's like 20GB of other on my phone and I want to wipe it clean and just add as new. I assume it's just run Impactor and then rejailbreak and then set up as new?

Can i use Taig for Mac on El Capitan?

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
So i'm thinking about doing this because there's like 20GB of other on my phone and I want to wipe it clean and just add as new. I assume it's just run Impactor and then rejailbreak and then set up as new?

Can i use Taig for Mac on El Capitan?
For a fresh start run Cydia Impactor and then set up as new. Afterwards jailbreak with Taig. You can dl the Mac version from here http://www.taig.com/en/#download-table

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.